Thursday, September 11, 2014

Salute to Richard "Jaws' Kiel


Update: 9/5, 5 video clips on some of the projects he'd done.

Everyone's favorite James Bond villain Jaws and the only villain to be in more than one bond film. First he was in The Spy Who Loved Me then Moonraker.And he almost was in "For Your Eyes Only" until the producers thought it was time for Bond to go back to a more serious tone.


007 Moonraker Parachute sequence, closeup Kiel, flying by stuntman. More Behind the scenes of Bond on our Youtube page by the way.

I remember first seeing him as the Kanamit Alien in the Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man"
known for its famous line "It's a cookbook!" On the Blu-ray: Season 3, Episode 89, Disc 4.
So ever since I was a kid I always look forward to seeing him in so many shows then in various movies. He starred with Capt. Kirk Willaim Shatnner in the Barbary Coast TV Show, along side with Han Solo Harrison Ford "Force Ten From Navarone", The Villain Jaws in the James Bond Franchise and even in beginning clip of the TV Show "The Incredible Hulk" even through he was replace by Lou Ferrigno since the producers didn't think he had the muscles even if he had the height.
But he still got paid for 2 unproduce Hulk movies. By his quote from his Bio:
Making It Big In The Movies, the autobiography of Richard 'Jaws' Kiel with a forward by Roger Moore. 
 Trivia: I got his book autograph by him! But I never met him. Huh?
I brought it used on Amazon by someone who sold it cheap, it wasn't till Igot it that I realized
it was signed by him. It was signed "To The Vines" or soemthing like that. I wonder why would they sell it. But man I'm glad I held on to it all these years.
My favorite The original Longest Yard with Burt Reynolds "I think I broke his fuckin neck!"
and everyone's favotie Happy Gilmore.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/james-bond-villain-richard-kiel-dies-at-74-1201303251/
Gilmore clip included.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/33845/r-i-p-richard-kiel-jaws-from-james-bond
He beat Arnold Schwarzenegger for the Hulk role only to have Lou Ferrigno replace him.
But Arnold? Never knew that. He didn't even mention that in his Bio. Good read by the way.

New Update: 5 video clips to highlight some other things he was part of.. They had to mention
Eegah. His only actual leading part. And look how small that chair is on Letterman show.
http://www.thewrap.com/robert-kiel-dead-bond-villain-5-other-moments-you-might-have-missed/

More on the live show this Saturday on MNN.

No comments: